How did I become a doula?
As a mother of three, two by birth and one by love, I know the importance of a strong support system. When my youngest, Emma, was born, my passion for postpartum care was reawakened. My friends and family began turning to me for guidance in many different aspects of newborn life; from breastfeeding to baby-wearing, soothing a fussy baby to how to take care of mom. It was then that I realized my passion and knowledge in these areas shined through to everyone I came in contact with. My dream is to work towards enhancing the postpartum period for each new mother.
how seaside doula makes life with a newborn a breeze
- Breastfeeding, pumping and bottle feeding education and support
- Formula feeding assistance
- Overnight support
- Gentle guidance and support for common breastfeeding issues such as latching, positioning, nursing in public, etc.
- Infant bonding and soothing techniques
- Assistance with self-care postpartum recovery for both vaginal deliveries and cesarean sections
- A watchful eye and heart for postpartum mood disorders
- Non-judgmental support of all parenting styles
- Light housework and meal preparation
- Sibling and spouse support
- And so much more